Propagation

[Propagation] Mini-DXpedition to Tonga

To: propagation@contesting.com
Subject: [Propagation] Mini-DXpedition to Tonga
From: Wayne Willenberg <wewill747@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 15:37:00 -0400
This e-mail posting is from the Radio Propagation Reflector that you're
currently subscribed to.  Refer to the end of this e-mail for directions on how
to change your subscription options, or to unsubscribe.
_______________________-start-_________________

My wife and I are planning a trip to the Kingdom of Tonga for sometime
later this year or early next year.  We have visted Tonga before and loved
it.  However, I have seen enough beaches and fish, so my plan (with the
encourgement of my wife) is to make this trip into a small scale DXpedition.

Because we are both retired, the time when we go to Tonga is completely
open.  So, that brings me to the reason for my post.  How can I determine
when is possibly the best month for propagation to the U.S. and Europe?  I
know propagation prediction is not yet an exact science, and regardless of
when we go, we are always at the mercy of the Sun's activity.  But, I would
like to maximize my chances of working as many contacts as possible.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.