Propagation

[Propagation] KN4LF Daily LF/MF/HF RX Prop Outlook Update #2005-006A

To: "a HCDX Prop Channel" <propagation@hard-core-dx.com>,"a Propagation Reflector" <propagation@contesting.com>
Subject: [Propagation] KN4LF Daily LF/MF/HF RX Prop Outlook Update #2005-006A
From: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:37:16 -0500
KN4LF Daily LF/MF/HF Radio Propagation Outlook Update #2005-006A

Issued Monday 02/07/2005 at 2200 UTC

Per my previous outlook propagation conditions began degrading on Sunday 02/06/2005 thanks to high speed solar wind streams from geoeffective (Earth facing) coronal holes #143 and 144. We are currently experiencing a strong (K-7) geomagnetic storm at high latitudes and a minor (K-5) geomagnetic storm at mid latitudes. The storming should begin to subside on Tuesday-Wednesday 02/08-09/2005.

Old Sunspot group #10720 now renumbered as #10732 has returned around the east limb of the Sun and is now located at N12E49 and contains a beta-gamma twisted magnetic signature capable of large M class solar flares. We also have a new sunspot group #10733 located at S09E78 which contains a beta-delta twisted magnetic signature capable of large M class and isolated X class solar flares. This is the group that I mentioned in my last propagation outlook that was visible on GONG imagery.

Bottom line is that propagation wrecking renewed major solar flaring, dayside radio blackouts, coronal mass ejections, proton and geomagnetic storming is likely to occur through the rest of the forecast period.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Retired Space & Atmospheric Weather Forecaster
Plant City, FL, USA
Grid Square EL87WX
Lat & Long 27 58 33.6397 N 82 09 52.4052 W
kn4lf@arrl.net

KN4LF Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive: http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm
KN4LF Daily LF/MF/HF Radio Propagation Outlook: http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf6.htm
KN4LF HF/MF Radio Propagation Theory Notes: http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf8.htm
KN4LF Amateur & SWL Radio History: http://www.kn4lf.com/index.htm

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.5 - Release Date: 2/3/2005