Propagation

Re: [Propagation] LP Versus SP Propagation

To: "a Propagation Reflector" <propagation@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Propagation] LP Versus SP Propagation
From: "Stu" <samalex@eidosnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:56:37 +0100
I was on 10m today around 1130gmt vk6 was coming in strong sp s9+10db I also tried lp and he was s7 now normally with the 6ele on 10m a signal like the vk6 would be way down on the opposite but I guess it was multi path

LP/SP is a weird thing I would like to understand it more but finding info is hard and a lot of my findings are due to operating and turning the antenna
I am playing with ham cap and finding some good things with it but need to play more

Other year I found that 20 17 15m was lp to JA until 1030gmt and 10m would be sp but when 20 17 15 went sp for ja I would find it go lp on 10m for ja I also found similar pattern for vk as well maybe was just me or my memory is going I will have to look my notes out on it and if memory serves me correctly it was Nov Dec months

Away to see if I can find my notes

Just hope the dx last till after CQWW SSB as I am part of a multi mult and been busy getting all the antennas up
Hope to get some prop predictions done next week anyone care to offer help or advice best methods

Stu MM0BSM
----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com>