Orion

Re: [Orion] Orion No Receive

To: Kamar <kamar@inr.net>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion No Receive
From: Ralph Irish <w8roi@peoplepc.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:54:29 -0400
Ron

I've had my ORION for about 10 months, and although I don't have
quite the antenna setup you have, I have had situations where I
had the NR set too high, (for band conditions!) and observed
very few signals on the bands.

I hope that in a future software revision, they will do something
to make the NR setting a little less critical.  I got mine last
October, and have not yet upgraded the software version.  I
think that mine is Ver. 1.369, but that is just a guess, since
I am at work, and that information is at home.

I have had the NR set to 2 on a few occasions, and the main
thing noted was that only the strongest signals were easily
read, and that probably many more 'weak' ones were not to be
heard.

Ten Tec could possibly make that scale into .5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0,
2.5,  etc., for a little finer adjustment of the sensitivity of
Noise Reduction, or, perhaps make it a function of the rotary
encoder and  have even greater adjustability for NR functions,
with tenths increments.

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head.

73,

Ralph - W8ROI