Orion

RE: [Orion] Heil Pro-Set wiring for use with Orion

To: <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [Orion] Heil Pro-Set wiring for use with Orion
From: "Tom Wagner" <tfwagner@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 05:31:24 -0500
Thanks to all that replied.  The message below got stuck in
approval land, so I have already found a solution.

First off, I believe the main RFI problem was a stripped
SO239 on a transmatch.  The transmatch had about 90' of
ladder-line and an 80m dipole attached to it, close to
the source of RF.  My guess it that it was arcing, and
causing most of the RFI.

On the Heil Pro-Set, I tried two solutions.  The first
was to ground pin 2.  Don't do that.  It doesn't work.
What seems to be the correct solution is to separate
the ptt ground from the mic ground.  Bring the ptt
ground to the shell of the connector.

Again, thanks to all that replied.

73,
Tom Wagner - N1MM
Check out the N1MM Free Contest Logger at:
http://www.n1mm.com