Orion

[Orion] Re: Don't send it back!

To: orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Re: Don't send it back!
From: "Salina Physician Anesthesia" <spa@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:54:59 GMT
My post about RF in the shack was intended for information, not rejection. I'm an anesthesiologist and know that medical knowledge is limited by fear of litigation when misadventures are published. More harm is done by lack of that information than is prevented by someone lining his pocketbook by misrepresenting things that just do happen. Enough of that.

This list is I think providing a real service to the community by serving as a collecting area for those things that happen. I might guess (or hope) that as some hardware is improved, better processors, etc that the Orion might serve as a box for some new boards just as new software has been provided.

No mind all of this: If you are going to operate this rig rather than just set it on the desk, keep the Orion. You won't do better. And if there ever was a patchable rig, this might be it.

OK, I would like some immediate input from Ten-Tec on this!
I have an ORION here , close to the 30 day evaluation timeout.

There has been issues reported lately that don't look like SW download fixes=

FWIW: My shack is on the second floor of my house in a room completely surrounded by wire on 12 inch grid spacing and then with aluminum foil such as used for reflective insulation. Except for large picture windows!!!! to enjoy the views around 270 degrees. It provides basically a large bus for LF ground and some lightning protection. Antenna is 35 ft above that.

Orion mailing list
Orion@contesting.com