NA-User

[NA-User] Templates

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] Templates
From: don.chisholm@home.com (don.chisholm@home.com)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 12:46:38 -0500
Hal,

> I downloaded two files from the Tennessee QSO Party website
> (www.k4ro.net/tcg/tqp/tqp.htm), unzipped them and put them into the NA
> directory.  The files are tnqso2.tmp and tncty.mlt.

> When I started up NA, it didn't list the Tennessee QSO Party on the list
of
> contests, so after reading the manual I figured that I needed to make my
> own template.

The filename.tmp file is a very old version (for version 10.40 or
something). The new format is filename.crt. You were right to have to create
a new template - I did the same thing.

> I modified the Ohio QSO Party out of state template for the
> Tennessee QSO Party, entering the TNQP rules and directing it to use the
> tncty.mlt file, and saved it.  Now NA sees the Tennessee QSO Party listed
> at startup and I can enter the data into the log file info page.  But when
> I do the control/enter and try to go to the logging page, the program
> exits.  I get the following messages:
>
> DX MULTIPLIER FILE: C/NAVER10.53\NONE CAN BE FOUND
> XMS RELEASED SUCCESSFULLY
> QUIT THE NA LOGGING PROGRAM

I have experienced this, too, and I think it as an anomoly with TE.EXE. If
you select NONE for 'Country File Names' (near the bottom left of the TE
screen), then it seems to actually look for a file named NONE instead of
looking for no file at all. I have entered DXCC.CTY in that spot just to get
around it. When the progran loads, it loads all the DXCC mults in addition
to the TNQP mults, but it seems to work around the bug.

73
Don
WX3M