Re: [Karlnet] What is this, "Trick or Treat" or "no news is good news"

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] What is this, "Trick or Treat" or "no news is good news"
From: Dan Metcalf <dan.metcalf@wbsysnet.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:47:14 -0400
Norm Young wrote:

Well, maybe it's the horror of not being able to order your favorite CPE (KN50 in the 19dB panel) at Winncom that's got us all speechless. The product is suddenly no longer stocked because Karlnet doesn't offer it, (however Winncom makes up their own now http://www.winncom.com/moreinfo/item/WCPE19-CLIENT25/index.html).

does the winncom product come w/ that STUPID connector though?

I am currently field testing a "RJ45" jack on the 19db Panel, it does about $15 to the cost of the unit, its more of a solution for tower installs, but having the ability to quickly connect or disconnect the rj45 with out unscrewing those 12 screws is handy

Kinda makes you wonder where it's all going. Why buy a company if you are going to destroy it's product lines...that don't even compete with your other product lines. I mean, WTH?

I think they are just changing focus (again)

I've been busy evaluating Trango 5.8, 900 and Motorola.... Did you know that the Trango 2.4 has 5Mbps of throughput on 8 non-overlapping channels, with a 15 (25 with external ant.) mi. range?

yeah, but they all have different issues.. the trango is very costly, but it does have the vpol or hpol antenna, and 5Mbps throughput sounds nice.. I wonder how it plays with canopy interference?