[Karlnet] Some details about the Blackbird card

Subject: [Karlnet] Some details about the Blackbird card
From: "Norm Young" <lists@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 20:10:47 -0700
I was installing a customer today using a KN-50 (Blackbird) card and I found
out a few things on the way.   The PCMCIA card included with the SBC seems
to be compatible with Orinoco (substituted a silver in to try).  The RF
connectors are the same, but the output power seems to be different.  The
included card is probably 100mW, I'd guess, as opposed to the silver's 30mW.
Also, the rx sensitivity is not as good as a silver.