Re: [Karlnet] two RG-1000 (AP-500) for bridging?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] two RG-1000 (AP-500) for bridging?
From: "Bruno Lopes F. Cabral" <bruno@openline.com.br>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 20:11:20 -0300
Hi there

> yes...2 SR-4200s will form a PtP bridge
> how? buy the software, and I'll walk you through it <g>
> -Charles

I had some troubles with the karlnet configurator interface and
reflash procedures. if karlnet takes notes from this list, I'd suggest:

- resize the window when it open. it's smaller than it should!
- when I upload the firmware, no matter what I tried changing
in the config, the unit receive a new IP address, 198.17.74.254

if there is a way to modify the unit IP address without the need
to change the LAN IP on the winblows machine, I'd like very
much to know how!!??

after that, I did the bridge setup and it worked (I put one unit
in Base mode and the other in Satelite mode. Is this the correct way?)

the only thing I couldn't figure out whas how to mac filter the units
so they only see each other. When I inform the remote ethernet
mac address on one side or the other (Turbocell "filtering" button),
the communication is interrupt, although I could see the remove
unit on the wireless tests screens.

perhaps you fellows that have practice with Karlnet already knows
how to address the above, but from the point of view of a newbie
on Karlnet, it is somewhat confusing!!

hope this helps to improve the product!

Cheers
!3runo