Re: [Karlnet] Thanks to Zcomax

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Thanks to Zcomax
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 11:58:49 -0500
Wisp Notes wrote:
Just wanted to pop in here and say thanks to Tony Morella. We talked with him last week about some things with Karlnet we needed to fix. We bought the Zcomax cards and installed them as he directed. Installation was smooth and you would not belive the difference it made! 25db to 30db drop in the noise floor on the AP which makes that much more useable signal for all the connections. Everybody on the link has 30db of signal and everybody is GREEN! Score 1 point for Demartec and Zcomax. Minus 1 Point for Orinoco/Agere/Lucent for the junk wireless cards they make.

Thanks Again,

Paul
SourceOne Internet

Hello,

I would not say that Orionoco is "junk wireless cards" because brute force power is not always the answer. However, I am an advocate of Demarctech cards that Tony Morella does sell for particular applications, and I have many deployed in the field, either in RG-1000s, AP1000s and Flashroms. Some are bases, some are satellites, but overall they perform well. There are some issues with the Karlnet's support of these cards in their software, however it is related to any Intersil card, not just the Demarctech ones. I have voiced these concerns to Karlnet and I know for a fact that progress is being made to address these issues. The problems are not severe and are not in the scope of this discussion. I would recommend these cards to anyone where the application suits a need for a slight power margin.

My 0.02$,

Chris