Satellites problems (was RE: [Karlnet] Three different AP1000 keeploosin

Subject: Satellites problems (was RE: [Karlnet] Three different AP1000 keeploosing one card)
From: helio@compuland.com.br
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:42:32 -0300
> When this situation arises, a satellite causes the base to retransmit
> continuously for minutes at a time to one of the many satellites;  only
> the particular satellite  receives the attention of the base.  After a
> while, the base will resume servicing other satellites.
>
> I would like to see the Turbocell code act in a different manner in these
> cases to guarantee service to the other satellites in cases such as this.
> I don't understand how one independant satellite can cause the base to
> focus only on it and not on the others.  I am also surprised that it took
> this long for others to report the problem, as suddenly it is now being
> posted regularily to this list.

That happens *today*  with me. One satellite was retransmitting like hell
(the number of retransmissons was higher than the transmitted packages !!)
and bogs down completely another 14 satelites. Took me a couple of hours and
a headache to figure out...

Would a later revision of the code address that issue ? It's kind of scary to
know that one satellite could compromise all the others.

Regards,
Helio.
-
CompuLand ISP Admin