Re: [Karlnet] Strange retransmit problem

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Strange retransmit problem
From: Roger Boggs <rogerboggs@att.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:54:41 -0500
These are very good signal and noise figures. If you are getting retransmission rates
of more than 3 percent (transmits/retransmits x 100) and you see no indications of
interference (where the noise level jumps up to significantly high levels approaching
or exceeding the signal levels), then I would be inclined to start looking for problems
with the installation or the equipment that does NOT include the radio card/firmware.

Water/Moisture intrusion would be the first thing I would look for, followed shortly thereafter
by broken or improperly assembled jumper cables.