[Karlnet] Netgear or Linksys with 4.27 SOHO

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Netgear or Linksys with 4.27 SOHO
From: "George Minich" <gminich@toshiba.ca>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 15:09:00 -0500
Hello all,

  I am testing a 4.27 SOHO on an RG-1100.  I have bridging enabled (no NAT)
and have assigned a private address (192.168.1.X) to the RG for private
access.  The RG is sitting on a bridged wireless link which connects to my
public IP network. Running NAT on my Netgear (Netgear has a public address),
I cannot seem to see any real world machines (IP's).  However, I can ping
private (192.168.x.x) devices on the other side.

  I am using the Netgear to DHCP private addresses to the machines as well.
For the life of me, I cannot see any public IP's behind the netgear.  I can
only see private - including the ones on the base side.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

George