[Karlnet] Prism Card Compatibility With Karlnet

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Prism Card Compatibility With Karlnet
From: "Barry Whitcomb" <barrywhitcomb@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 16:47:14 -0400
I gave out some misinformation last week. We have installed our first Turbocell ISP base (FlashROM--to 300' tower with YDI amplifier and 12.4 dbi Comet Omni) and all seems well. We've been testing both Orinoco and Prism 200 mW cards.

The Orinoco cards work very well under both 802.11b and Turbocell modes.
The Prism cards will perform very well to ISP base in 802.11b mode (using native Prism Wi-Fi drivers). They are NOT recognized by Turbocell Client Manager at all, even though Karlnet says they work.

I've tried installing all software on a new machine with just Win98 SE with Prisim Card Installed.
I've tried installing all software on a new machine with just Win98 SE with Orinoco Card Installed and then swapping to the Prism.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Barry Whitcomb
Quantum Success, Inc. / All Clear

www.all-clear.biz (available 5/25/02)