[Karlnet] RG-1000 symmetry with Karlnet Pt-Pt link

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] RG-1000 symmetry with Karlnet Pt-Pt link
From: "Peter K. Butler" <peter@whizwireless.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 14:37:37 -0400
We did several tests on two wireless units separated by 50 feet with a
laptop on one end and a Linux server on the other (nothing on a network).

Within a telnet session:

4.4 mbps download from Linux server to laptop
4.6 mbps upload from laptop to the Linux server

FTP session in a DOS window:

2.9 mbps download
2.7 mbps upload

HTTP session:

2.9 mbps download
2.8 mbps upload

Test out to the Internet via DSL Reports web page (now hooked up to a
network and limited by our T1 line):

1.314 mbps download
1.301 mbps upload

(our mileage varies depending on who uses our servers at the moment of test)

The speed differences are the protocols and computer system being used. The
relative results are the most important.

So it is symmetrical, within reason.

Peter Butler
Whizwireless LLC