[CQ-Contest] ID in NAQP

To: "CQ-Contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ID in NAQP
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2024 12:55:15 -0400
K9MA wrote :

"For the first time I can recall, in yesterday's NAQP CW I noticed
operators making many QSOs between IDs. I suspect this is a consequence
of the new assisted category.  It is really annoying to those of us
operating unassisted. Please don't do that!"

I'm confused. Don't understand what Scott means by "making QSO's between ID's"
? Isn't that what stations that do 2SBIQ and SO2R do?
When you are copying the exchange on your CQ frequency you can call someone or
send a CQ TEST on radio #2 as long as you aren't
transmitting two signals at the same time. Many people operate this way even
they are unassisted. The only difference between
assisted vs unassisted is an assisted station can click on spots in the band
map generated by a cluster and make QSO's. BTW the assisted class
in NAQP isn't new. It was added in the August 2021 NAQP CW three years ago.

Jeff KU8E