Re: [CQ-Contest] DQRM in WAE CW

To: aa3b.bud@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DQRM in WAE CW
From: Stan Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2024 17:13:14 -0400
I experienced similar DQRM Thursday afternoon when I was trying to do POTA.
I watched him on my panadapter on my IC-7300 and he would drift away, but
as soon as I sent out a CQ, he would return. I resorted to sending out very
brief CQs at intermittant times. It was frustrating to have someone respond
to my CQ and I couldn't copy the responder. I would ask them to delay their
response for 2-3 seconds for the DQRM to die away. These techniques worked
for POTA on a weekday afternoon, but would not be very useful during a
major weekend contest.
Stan, K4SBZ