Re: [CQ-Contest] When a W1 doesn't win a DX contest

To: "ko7ss@yahoo.com" <ko7ss@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] When a W1 doesn't win a DX contest
From: Barry W2UP <w2up.co@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 14:17:42 -0700
You are missing the point, Bill.  Eliteness has nothing to do with it.
It's all about sunrise/sunset times and how long the band is open to a
particular area.

The EU opening in MO is about 90 minutes shorter on the high bands, due to
MO's later sunrise.  And then there's the 4th and 5th tier Europeans that
can't be heard from the west.  I suppose there could have been thousands of
JAs on the air that usually don't operate contests.  But then the west
coast would have had the advantage, for the same reason - a longer opening.

But you knew all this...

Barry W2UP