Re: [CQ-Contest] K0SR Vindicated (Was "2024 ARRL DX CW Raw Scores - Is t

To: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] K0SR Vindicated (Was "2024 ARRL DX CW Raw Scores - Is the LP Winner from MO - REALLY?)
From: Stephen Bloom <sbloom@acsalaska.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 09:42:07 -0900
Date: 3/5/24  9:28 AM  (GMT-09:00) To: cq-contest@contesting.com Subject: Re:
[CQ-Contest] K0SR Vindicated (Was "2024 ARRL DX CW Raw Scores -
  Is the LP Winner from MO - REALLY?) A long time ago in a galaxy far far away,
there used to be a time when conditions were just right that stations in the
West had a fleeting Wwwwwor hours and hours.  That ship sailed long ago.qqqIt
will be curious to hear the rest of this story.W0MUOn 3/4/2024 10:45 PM, Jeff
Blaine wrote:> As a frequent serious contester from the Midwest, it's almost >
impossible to beat the east coast stations on any context where the Q > point
multiplier scales with continent.>> As such, I would suggest that someone
contact the op directly for > comment.  Instead of spreading all this nonsense
about what may or may > not have happened.>> The clear insinuation is thick;
suggesting that he's a cheater. So > man-up and call it that.  Or - find some
way to contact the gentlemen > and ask for clarification.>> But don't take this
pathetic path of smearing the guys reputation > absent some serious attempt to
get the story straight.  We are, after > all, in the ham biz, and not in the
click-bait biz.  At least I > thought we were...>> 73/jeff/ac0c>
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie> www.ac0c.com>> On 3/4/2024 10:27 PM, Hans Brakob
wrote:>> [tongue-in-cheek]>>>> Say it isn't true!>>>> A prominent right-coast
Hall-of-Famer admits, in a public forum, that >> a winning DX score from
Zero-Land Black Hole is highly questionable!>>>> K0SR vindicated!  Gasp!>>>>
[/tongue-in-cheek]>>>>>> 73, de Hans, K0HB>> ________________________________>>
From: CQ-Contest >> <cq-contest-bounces+kzerohb=gmail.com@contesting.com> on
behalf of >> John Crovelli <w2gd@hotmail.com>>> Sent: Monday, March 4, 2024
2:34 PM>> To: cq-contest@contesting.com <cq-contest@contesting.com>>> Subject:
[CQ-Contest] 2024 ARRL DX CW Raw Scores - Is the LP Winner >> From MO -
REALLY?>> .>> .>> .  BANDWIDTH REDUCTION>> .>> .>> Would absolutely love to
hear the details about how this fabulous low >> power score was achieved from
America's heartland. Where did the >> operation actually take place?  What were
the antennas used?  How did >> the operator overcome the normal East Coast
advantage, particularly >> on the lower bands.  Inquiring minds ...>>>>
all>> >> Forward>>>> indicated>>