Re: [CQ-Contest] "Elmer" & ?

To: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "Elmer" & ?
From: "Charles H. Harpole" <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 12:02:56 +0700
[[
I like the name Elmer because it's so specific to hAM radio. My personal
Elmer was named Shirley although he was very much a male. On the air he
would tell people his handle is "Shirley like Shirley Temple."      My
girlfriend got used to me saying I was going to hang out at Shirley's.

He used the inheritance from his father's death to buy a Collins S line.
Sweetish rig ever. Hams would come from miles just to look at it.  Two
other of his Elmers and I bought him a kW linear. After he died, I bought
his Collins microphone to go with my KWM 2A and for fond memories.

Collins is still the queen of all ham dreams.

On Mon, Jan 8, 2024 at 4:48 AM Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org> wrote:

> Would it be an "elmee"?
>
> --
>
> Michael Adams | mda@n1en.org<mailto:mda@n1en.org>