Re: [CQ-Contest] TS590

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TS590
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 14:06:06 -0400
I have no long term experience, save a couple contests, with the TS-590 (S
model, I believe.maybe SG)

I don't own one, but used one at the ZF5T/ZF9CW-(K5GO owner) Cayman Brac
station last year in CQWW SSB to the tune of about 6500Q's and thought the
radio did really well.  I touched the VFO, volume and RIT control and pretty
much nothing else but felt the radio really held its own and needed no
further tweaking. I did some additional weekday CW operating and some Q's in
WAG and it also sounded very nice on CW (maybe 500 more CW Q's).

If I didn't already have a bunch of rigs, it would be at or near the top of
my SO2R radios must-have list.

N2IC has pushed them to their limit and needs no introduction.

Mike VE9AA / ZF2AA

Mike - Keswick Ridge, NB, Canada