[CQ-Contest] Contsting Endurance...

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contsting Endurance...
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 17:11:29 -0600
A I guess a survey?

    I have been into this whole contesting thing since 1975. I was only 18 years old then. And had more energy and stamina than I could ever use. Like this was the "Norm" An Example...

CQWW Contests...

 * Friday 4 AM I get up and go to work. Do a full days work. A 3 PM get
   off work and go home.

 * Change clothes, get in car and head off to the guys station I will
   be doing the contest at.

 * Ohhh a 90 Minute drive or so. Grab some Mc Donalds on the way. Get
   there with like 30 minutes before start.

 * Contest Starts, do the whole 48 hours. The only breaks taken are
   potty breaks. A few minutes here and there.

 * Contest finishes Sunday Evening.

 * Sit with station owner, discuss contest, eat Pizza, drink more Beer
   than should drink.

 * Leave station at around midnight, and get home at 2 AM or so.

 * Take a shower, and kind of chill out.

 * It's now 3 AM, Watch some TV, no sense going to bed, when ya have to
   get up at 4 to go to work!

 * Go to work,  Get off again at 3 PM, and finally go home. Go to bed
   when chilled out.

That's being awake for 66 Hours!!!!!

Now lets move to 48 years later!  I can not do even a 24 hour contest anymore. Like Field Day or say Sweepstakes. I MUST take a nap sometime during the contest. I remember times when I'd fall asleep at the key.
it was on auto repeat, CQing away, I wonder how many people called me!

How are you all doing with this issue? Trying to stay awake and alert for the duration of a contest?

Is it a problem at all?

Or what do you do to be your best to combat the fatigue?

Joe WB9SBD