Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweeps CW is coming up...

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweeps CW is coming up...
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:34:59 -0300
What a great way to honour the White's Chris.  Good for you guys.

We (in MCC) don't have access to the VE1RGB(sk) callsign, but here's a short
video I did of Gary back in 2012 when I made a pop-in visit and interrupted
his ARRL SS CW effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os7aX_xFtew

Like Gerry said, there will be several NB, NS and PE folks around.

Which will be the rare section this year?

ND? DE? GH?

Who knows. hi hi

73 de Mike VE9AA "NB"

===================

Further to Gerry's note, the Florida Contest Group will be celebrating the

lives and contributions of the White family during the 2023 edition of SS

CW by activating all three of their calls in the contest.

Please look for W1CW, W1YL, and K4OJ to be active full-time in SS CW from

FCG members' stations.

You'll have to check your old logs (or copy what the ops are sending

on-air), as we'll be using the Whites' original check for each call.

The club intends to activate the Whites' calls periodically in CW contests

(of course) as a way to honor their contributions to the hobby and keep

their memory alive.

73/OJ/LN,

Chris Plumblee W4WF

President, FCG