Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL SS CW HMO records 1996-2022

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL SS CW HMO records 1996-2022
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 22:41:51 -0400
My recollection is that K8MR invented it (maybe didn't name it) to
relieve slow periods in SSCW, and that NCCC (probably driven by W6OAT) used
it as a club strategy to boost the club's score.  NCCC might have named it
HMO.

73, Art K3KU

On Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 9:20 PM Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
wrote:

> On 9/29/2023 7:02 AM, Tim Shoppa wrote:
> > An HMO in Sweepstakes, starts the contest over
> > from scratch at a new station using a new callsign to get more action
> over
> > the entire contest period. The most aggressive HMO entries use 3 or 4
> > different stations and callsigns during the contest period.
>
> It's my understanding that Rusty, W6OAT, was the inventor of the
> strategy, long before I joined NCCC in 2006. Note that the rules also
> require a different transmitter for each callsign.
>
> I've done a lot more HMOs than those listed here, exchanging calls and
> stations with N3ZZ, W6DRX, and N6RZ (SK), and also used N6IJ 2-3 times
> as my second station, but I've never done more that two in any given
> weekend. I've most often started at my own station, moved to the second
> station early on Sunday morning. About a third of the time I was able to
> sweep from both.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>