Re: [CQ-Contest] [RttyDigital] WW Digi DX Contest this Weekend

To: rttydigital@groups.io, wsjtgroup@groups.io, 'Cq-Contest' <cq-contest@contesting.com>, wsjt-x-improved-community@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [RttyDigital] WW Digi DX Contest this Weekend
From: Ed W0YK <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 16:18:39 -0700
Hi Phil.  Nice to hear from you.Yes, WSJT-X can be used as is, although
integration with N1MM provides a nicer logger in many folks' opinion.  Dennis
described a branch of WSJT-X called "improved WSJT-X", so if the features are
interesting, then you can install that version.I don't think there was any
mention of Fox/Hound mode.  What was it that seemed to imply that?73,Ed W0YK
-------- Original message --------From: "Phil Cooper via groups.io"
<pcooper=suremail.gg@groups.io> Date: 8/24/23  15:16  (GMT-08:00) To:
rttydigital@groups.io, wsjtgroup@groups.io, 'Cq-Contest'
<cq-contest@contesting.com>, wsjt-x-improved-community@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [RttyDigital] WW Digi DX Contest this Weekend Hi Ed, and the
group(s), A silly question….Can you just use WSJTx for this contest, or is it
better to use something like N1MM with WSJTx?I have not done this contest
before, and have limited time this weekend, due to other commitments, but quite
fancy playing if I do get the chance. Also, the suggestions by Dennis seem to
indicate the use of Hound mode for this contest, and that puzzles me, as it
seems to indicate that you are invoking the contest mode by clicking the H. Am
I reading that right? 73 de Phil GU0SUP   From: rttydigital@groups.io
[mailto:rttydigital@groups.io] On Behalf Of Ed Muns, W0YKSent: 21 August 2023
17:23To: rttydigital@groups.io; wsjtgroup@groups.io; 'Cq-Contest';
wsjt-x-improved-community@lists.sourceforge.netSubject: [RttyDigital] WW Digi
DX Contest this Weekend The 5th annual WW Digi DX Contest runs this weekend
from Saturday, 26 August at 1200 UTC to Sund, 27 August at 1159UTC.  Rules, log
submittal and lots of other information is available at ww-digi.com.  Note a
recent update by Dennis W1UE at the top of the Operating Tips page on the
Resources menu. A practice session will be at:              0200-0259 UTC
Saturday, 26 August (Friday evening NA time)Operate just as if the contest were
underway using the suggested sub-bands in the rules. Enjoy! 73,Iztok S52DDon
AA5AUEd W0YK

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#2072) |