[CQ-Contest] N5OT is shooting blanks

To: Cq Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] N5OT is shooting blanks
From: r-emails@n5ot.com
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 15:22:31 -0500
My apologies, I have a belligerent computer here that thinks it is funny to delete the content of some messages I send to some email groups. My last post is a good example, pointed out to me by no less than two people who were just dying to see what I had to say. Content below. That said, I will write a response to Matt's subsequent considered and well constructed posts straightaway. First my response to Pete's post. Here it is:

Thanks Pete.

Either you're agreeing with me or you are implying that a person with a USA callsign doesn't have to follow the rules if they are not a citizen? I feel sure that is not what you meant.

I'm glad to sidestep the CEPT issue just to fast tract the issue that is more black-and-white, that unless IZ3EYZ is a US citizen, he violated the terms of his USA license, which should plainly result in his removal from the competition. I'll leave the debate about whether to DQ or recharacterize his entry as a check-log to others.

In the case of IZ3EYZ's entry, people focusing on CEPT is just bogging down the simpler issue - it's an FCC issue more than a CEPT issue.

I agree that one explanation of what IZ3EYZ was thinking was that using his own call would be a liability, but I am only guessing, and that is really not germane to whether or not he was in compliance with the terms of his USA license.

73 - Mark N5OT