Re: [CQ-Contest] [FOC-members] Musing about my CQWW CW Log Checking Repo

To: main@foc-members.groups.io
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [FOC-members] Musing about my CQWW CW Log Checking Report
From: David Bunte <dpbunte@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2023 11:29:39 -0400
George -

I am not a contester, but enjoy dabbling a bit. You may get more helpful
comments from other members, but here is my take. I would not be keen on #3
either, although I chose my current call because K9LIH was often
'busted'... then I realized that it was sometimes ME who busted it, so I
could not blame all of the errors on others.

I don't rag chew at 34 wpm like some folks I know and admire, but 34 wpm
does not sound too fast in a contest. Solution #1 or #2 might help reduce
problems for the other stations, but might also reduce your QSO total
somewhat... but the reduction in errors might be an appropriate trade-off.
If you find that you are needed to repeat your call, very often that would
be a clue that a somewhat slower speed might be worth it.

Whatever you do... enjoy, and I'll call you when I hear you, even if in a
contest... HI.

161 de Dave - K9FN