Re: [CQ-Contest] ergonomic chair for improving BIC time

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com (cq-contest@contesting.com)" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ergonomic chair for improving BIC time
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 19:26:33 +0000
FWIW, awhile back I picked up a "gaming chair" from SecretLabs.  They aren't
cheap, but they are less expensive than Aeron Millers.   I liked it so much for
my shack that I picked up another for my work/surfing space in my family room.

I came across SecretLabs by virtue of being at/near the top of most
"recommended gaming chairs" online.  (Gamers and streamers have similar BIC
concerns as contesters.)   And while mine is firmer than I initially expected
(and someone lacking padding on their derrière might find the seat
uncomfortable), I've been quite comfortable while at work and while playing
radio.

I used to go through generic cheap office chairs, but the two SecretLabs chairs
I've picked up have held up very, very well.

They're available in a few different sizes.  When I was shopping, I came across
detailed dimensions on their website, which is how I got comfortable with the
idea of buying a chair online.

Admittedly different people desire different things from their chairs, so
what's worked for me might not work for others.   But I really like my chairs.

--
Michael Adams | mda@n1en.org