Re: [CQ-Contest] Encouraging Spotting of SSB QSOs in Contests

To: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@me.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Encouraging Spotting of SSB QSOs in Contests
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 14:50:41 -0500
Let me also be perfectly clear - I almost always use spotting, because I hate the cycle of tune-check-dupe-repeat that is the essence of S&P.  My concern is that if self-spotting is allowed, it will become just another area for an "arms race" among the most competitive.  I don't need 20 stations across a band, all of whom I've already worked, spotting themselves every 15 seconds, while all the others go unspotted.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<https://reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.