Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL to allow self-spotting in contests

To: Barry W2UP <w2up.co@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL to allow self-spotting in contests
From: Ken Boasi <n2zn@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 15:51:34 -0500
I’m not an ARRL apologist, but the CAC has been discussing this since at least
a year ago, and made a recommendation for this change in their July meeting.
You can look up the minutes on the ARRL website.  It is task 2020.5.

I presume it was adopted in January at the ARRL Board meeting.

I am not in favor of the change, but I guess I had my chance to comment on this
(like the rest of us) over the past year, and failed to do so, either because I
wasn’t paying attention, forgot to, or just assumed that “they would never do
something like that”. Lesson learned…

73, Ken N2ZN