Re: [CQ-Contest] Low Power Change to ARRL Contests

To: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@advanced-conversion.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Low Power Change to ARRL Contests
From: kq2m@kq2m.com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 13:59:27 -0600
Because Field Day is "not a contest" ?   LOL!

Bob, KQ2M

On 2021-12-22 06:01, Edward Sawyer wrote:
I saw today that this change was announced in the ARRL Contests
starting in Jan 1.  The Low Power Category will be changed from 150W
output to 100W output.  On a contest to contest basis, this has no
significant impact.  However, on previous scores it does.  For any of
you who have ever seriously competed using Low Power, 50W matters on
80 and 160M, especially on SSB contests.

I found it surprising that an exception was made for Field Day????
Really??? Why Field Day? Isn't everyone using primarily mobile HF rigs
for Field Day anyway and none put out more than 100W?  And since "its
not a contest" why is making that exception so important.   The never
ending head scratching over the ARRL and Field Day......

This will make records harder to beat in this category going forward.

Ed  N1UR