[CQ-Contest] Working Split in Contests

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Working Split in Contests
From: K3TN via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 11:01:12 +0000 (UTC)
Doug - I've worked in security and cryptography my entire career. When choosing
a run frequency for any mode, I will only use a freq that is a prime number,
i.e. is only divisible by 1 and itself. I have gotten a lot of OO reports for
being on 7.000 mhz.
On just about any other ham band it takes my quad core PC several minutes to
run a Python script to figure out if an open freq is a prime number, so I tend
to mostly S&P in contests. I wish we could contest on the 136 Khz band - takes
many fewer CPU cycles to check primeness there.
On 75 and 40M SSB, it turns out all the prime number frequencies are already in
use by nets...
73 John K3TN