Re: [CQ-Contest] [Skimmertalk] CW Open and the RBN

To: "k9yc@arrl.net" <k9yc@arrl.net>, "kq2m@kq2m.com" <kq2m@kq2m.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [Skimmertalk] CW Open and the RBN
From: Keith Dutson <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 00:32:43 +0000 (UTC)
 Reminds me of the time I worked OM0M, dozen dashes contest station.  I think
the op inserted spaces between each letter.
73, Keith NM5G
    On Monday, September 6, 2021, 07:27:20 PM CDT, <kq2m@kq2m.com> wrote:

 When I started using CT-DOS somewhere around 1987, I quickly noticed
that people had trouble separating all those "dahs" in my callsign.  Not
long after, I inserted a half-space between KQ2 and M in my callsign in
CQ's, QRZ's, exchanges, etc.

I'm not sure that anyone ever noticed but it became clear to me that the
half-space inserted to break up the "dahs" between the 2 and M made a
big difference in the ability of others to copy it correctly and with
more ease than before.

73

Bob, KQ2M