Re: [CQ-Contest] [Skimmertalk] CW Open and the RBN

To: k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [Skimmertalk] CW Open and the RBN
From: kq2m@kq2m.com
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 18:03:21 -0500
When I started using CT-DOS somewhere around 1987, I quickly noticed that people had trouble separating all those "dahs" in my callsign. Not long after, I inserted a half-space between KQ2 and M in my callsign in CQ's, QRZ's, exchanges, etc.

I'm not sure that anyone ever noticed but it became clear to me that the half-space inserted to break up the "dahs" between the 2 and M made a big difference in the ability of others to copy it correctly and with more ease than before.

73

Bob, KQ2M