[CQ-Contest] Last CD Party?

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Last CD Party?
From: James Cain <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 09:21:04 +0000
The last ARRL CD Party was April 1982, an "open" party.

I looked at the NCJ web site and they have NAQP results going back to 1999.

Seventeen years is a long time. I was not active in contests in those days
(but very active in DXing and writing on other amateur radio topics). So I
"wasn't there" for the inception of the NAQP. But surely there are people
who read this reflector who were there and could answer this question.

My first ARRL CD Party was October 1963 and I operated them faithfully for
nearly 20 years.

cain K1TN

Did the CD Parties continue up until 1991 when the NAQP's started, or was
there a gap?

Tim N3QE