Re: [CQ-Contest] Last CD Party?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Last CD Party?
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 12:34:32 -0400
When I was 17 years old and living in Euclid, Ohio I dabbled in contesting and worked this K8MR guy on all the bands in the CD Parties. It turned out he was a neighbor of mine on the east side of Cleveland and lived just a few miles away. We eventually met in person and he took a naive teenager under his wings and helped me fix things I broke and pretty much was a mentor to me. If it wasn't for the CD Parities and working him on the air I might've never met him, joined the Mad River Radio Club and have become so hooked on contesting.  Even though we've gone our own ways living in different parts of the country we've been friends for over 40 years.

Jeff KU8E