[CQ-Contest] Rules document change

To: reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Rules document change
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 12:27:24 -0500
Paul, N1SFE, the Contest Manager at ARRL, just sent me an e-mail, not copied to the reflector, saying that he had fixed the rules to make it clear that single band entries cannot be assisted.  I'm glad he did it, but the question is, why the limitation in the first place?  I wonder if it is just an artifact from the days when "assistance = sin" in the eyes of some.

By the way, I notice that Assisted ops won the US/VE Single Op HP and LP categories outright last year.

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.