[CQ-Contest] Getting Spotted by the RBN in Contests

To: reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Getting Spotted by the RBN in Contests
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 11:02:27 -0500
Something worth knowing - the *default* configuration for CW Skimmer Server limits CW segments to the first 70 KHz of each band , except for 160, where the top edge is set at 1840.  Many nodes are still running the default, so stations CQing above 070 (040 on 160 meters) during the contest will be less well-spotted.  I have just attempted to get more RBN-ops to extend their coverage, but I'm afraid it may be a little late in the game.

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.