Re: [CQ-Contest] If it Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It

To: Jim Neiger <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] If it Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It
From: Yuri <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 14:35:40 -0500
Thank you Jim.
Well said. Exactly my feelings.
Before criticizing, please try to put in at least one serious effort. I suspect those who complain will never compete seriously, no matter what.

73, Yuri  VE3DZ

On 12/4/2020 1:51 PM, Jim Neiger wrote:
CQ WW is not a perfect contest.  What in life is "perfect"?  But its fundamental format has proven the test of time, witness that it arguably remains the favorite of most, world-wide.

Most of those who complain and don't like the rules, never,  and would not, put in major efforts ( which I define as operating at least 40 of the 48 hours), even if the rules were 'more perfect'. There will always be some excuse, no matter how favorable the rules, and respective circumstances, may be.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Vy 73,

Jim Neiger  N6TJ