[CQ-Contest] FW: Replacement headphone pads

To: <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] FW: Replacement headphone pads
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 21:56:15 -0400
de VE9AA.I don't know if the 2 pix imbedded will cross the reflector (they
didn't, this is my 2nd try), but if they don't, then the pads are "Brainwavz
Velour Ear pads" on Amazon.ca for $35.99 CDN and the picture of me..no loss
if you don't see me (big HI HI)

I love my Yamaha CM-500 headphones that a local originally did a group buy
for, 5 or 6 yrs ago(tnx), but the black vinyl(?) pads wore out.badly...black
flaky goo specks all over my ears and neck every contest recently, so I
bought these on Amazon and installed them a day before the CQWW contest.  I
believe they'll fit a wide range of popular headphones.

They were very comfy to wear for 32-33hrs this past w/e but of course I
can't say how they'll be 6 yrs from now.  They are some kind of velour(ish?)
fabric with a PU leather (leatherette) piece that wraps around the actual
plastic speaker grill. Not especially easy to install (no pads will be for
that matter) but totally doable.

Me, still smilin' ~24hrs before CQWW CW..but pretty tired by Monday @ 0000z
(and not smilin')(ok, pic didn't show but for you CWOps, it's on a thread
there)

Yes, red on black is a bit weird. Whatev's..hi.they do fit a bit better than
the pic indicates..I was just doing a quick selfie for my wife (who was at
work) when I told her I put red pads on black phones.  For the real radio
operation, I adjusted the headband better and these fit completely over my
ears and against my skull (for lack of a better description).  They are a
titch thicker than stock.

Again, for CWOps.pix came through there OK.

Mike VE9AA

Keswick Ridge, NB