Re: [CQ-Contest] W3LPL and K3LR in CQWW 2020

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W3LPL and K3LR in CQWW 2020
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 15:49:35 -0400
John,

I know for Bonaire they won't let anyone in who holds a US passport in PERIOD. For an American It would be a waste of time to go to either the Netherlands or Aruba for two weeks beforehand to quarantine. Yesterday they had their first COVID-19 death in Bonaire. https://bes-reporter.com/index.php/2020/09/12/first-death-covid-19-positive-doctor-in-bonaire/ Knowing how cautious they are down there they will probably tighten up the rules even more they what they're doing now.

I know they have remote capability at PJ2T. I think the rules for remote operation in Curacao are stricter than they are in Bonaire because they have to have someone physically on-site at the station. This isn't required when someone operates PJ4A remotely. I guess if they had one of the locals hams go over to the station they could probably have someone do a single-operator or a one radio multi-single.

Jeff