Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC2022 Qualification standings update

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC2022 Qualification standings update
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 14:08:43 -0400
I *wish* I lived in the USA or EU in order to be able to qualify this time.

Ever see Canada on a map? Our huge country has 2 sections (East and West).

Sure, I am near Maine, USA so positioned pretty well, but I compete against
every *big* station in VY0/VY2/VO2

VO1/VE1/VE9/VE2 & VE3..there are lots of high dollar stations East of
Manitoba.

If I chose to operate LP only 0.9 of my score would count.

Who thinks this is fair?

So..I am not competing this time around. (and having way more fun playing
when it's fun and skipping contests I do not enjoy)

As Joe has said..it's not a fair qualifying competition going in and only
the big stations in some areas will be able to attend.

Mike VE9AA "NA2"

The problem I have is that W2 competes with all of W1, including

Maine. You can't beat Maine. The difference is significant even though

both are East coast.

When they had it in the US, it went by US call districts which made more
sense.

Ria

N2RJ

Mike, Coreen & Corey