Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Magazine

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Magazine
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 14:49:12 -0600
I am not sure that I have seen all the e-mails on this subject, but I have been
wondering about my CQ magazines too. For a while I was getting my CQ and QST
during the same week.  All of the sudden I was missing CQ.  I looked back and I
found that the November issue was the last one that I got. I emailed them and
got a response on Monday and it basically said they ran into a snag with the
December issue.  They said they would be sending out my December issue soon.
No information on the January issue. I apparently haven’t had the problem with
getting CQ that some of you have had.  I have been getting my CQ with fair
regularity recently.

You can be as negative as you want to be about CQ but I like the magazine and
understand that they are having a rough go of it. If you are a contester it is
in you best interest that CQ remain viable.  They sponsor some the best
contests.  They are also are not in bed with the ARRL.  I have been a life
member of the ARRL for over 50 years and support them but they sometimes like
to be a little on the mysterious side about what they are doing. I am not sure
I always trust them. It is good to have a second view on things.

One thing I am adamant about is that I do NOT like the electronic versions of
the magazines.  I hope that I am never forced into having to accept that
solution. If this were the only solution to the problems of CQ then I would
expect a large decrease in the subscription.

Bill
W5VX