Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Magazine

To: rjairam@gmail.com, wa1fcn@charter.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Magazine
From: Ron Notarius W3WN via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 19:55:34 +0000 (UTC)
You're right, Ria.  The thing is, if the magazine (any one, for that matter)
continues to offer subscriptions to a print edition, they have an obligation to
deliver those editions.  If they can't, for any of a number of reasons, then
they need to tell that to the subscriber base, and offer reasonable
alternatives... extend the subscription, credit towards the digital edition (if
any, as there is in this case), SOMETHING.

Silence and broken promises are not good for business.

I really hate to see CQ continuing down this path.  I like the content, when
I've been able to get it.  I like having an alternative editorial voice, even
if it's a far cry from the days when CQ and 73 fought with each other as
much as they (editorially) disagreed with the ARRL's direction.  I think it
will be very bad for Amateur Radio in North America if CQ becomes no more.

But that, unfortunately, seems to be the path that they're heading towards, if
these things continue.

73, ron w3wn