[CQ-Contest] Freeware Loggers and Common Mode Chokes. Was: The Story of

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Freeware Loggers and Common Mode Chokes. Was: The Story of Online QSLs.
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 19:33:02 -0500
Hi Jim,

Like you, I switched to DXKeeper years ago for day to day logging, and never looked back. I do keep an eye out for other 'offerings'. Two other freewares that are worth considering, if one for whatever reason does not like DXKeeper, are Log4OM and SwissLog:

https://www.log4om.com/

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/english/Frame_EN.htm

On the topic of chokes. I spent some time in the past few weeks reading your papers. I blame you for having a much lighter wallet now. Buy Mouser stock. LOL

I particularly liked that you moved away from using most coax cables to using THHN #12 in the 'New Choke Cookbook for 160-10M Bands'. For reasons that I cannot explain, I do not like working with coax, other than connecting a transceiver to an antenna.

The toroids are here already, awaiting for the wire to arrive, and I'll go 'crazy' building chokes. LOL

73 de Vince, VA3VF