Re: [CQ-Contest] Impressive demonstration of one dB of signal strength i

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Impressive demonstration of one dB of signal strength impro
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 10:59:39 -0700
On 8/23/2019 8:27 AM, Hans Brakob wrote:
I have severe high-frequency hearing loss, but even before that loss I
preferred a CW pitch of around 350-400cps (it was before they invented Hz).

It was easier to separate from ambient noise, and the “difference percentage”
also made it easier to distinguish from other nearby competing signals.

Yes, this is good advice, because the human ear-brain system works on percentage bandwidth. This provides greater separation between signals very close in frequency.

73, Jim K9YC