Re: [CQ-Contest] Impressive demonstration of one dB of signal strength i

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Impressive demonstration of one dB of signal strength impro
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 08:39:36 -0700

Good thing I included the instructions so you could make your own, then.  Let me know if your results turn out significantly different than mine.  I chose the tones I did to be roughly centered on the noise spectrum I recorded.

I can think of a couple of reasons why a lower pitch might be desirable .... primarily the ability to better discern differences in pitch, but also because many hams find it less fatiguing.  I'm aware of hams who go down close to 200 Hz for contesting, but I'd bet a broad survey of hams would put the most commonly used pitches between 400 Hz and 600 Hz.

73,
Dave   AB7E