Re: [CQ-Contest] possible changes for CQ VHF Contest

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] possible changes for CQ VHF Contest
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 18:36:57 -0300
Not a chance Jim !

I do admit I had DXCC and many hundreds of grids before WAS on 6m. (Hawaii
was my holdout), but I can say without hesitation that if I could've worked
Hawaii in 2 yrs on FT8(or RTTY or PSK31) or wait til a CW or SSB op was on
in 5-7 yrs, I would've waited to 5-7 yrs..heck I had KH5/KH6ND a year or two
before Hawaii !

I don't ever complain about being far away from the Pacific or Japan.  It's
much more thrilling when I do work them!

I finally worked Japan (legit) on CW a cpl years ago vs. making an almost
sure QSO on FT8 years earlier when there were already a handful of guys on
the JT modes being worked all over the continent.

But that's me.  I get you're upset about living in W6 and not being able to
work EU on every band like we can on the East Coast, (and I appreciate
that.I still need most Pacific and Asian Entities on 6m) but it doesn't
change my view on how everyone seems be on 6m FT(squiggle) these days and
has mostly ruined my CW fun on that band.

73 and CU (all of a sudden) in the next one.

Mike VE9AA