Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Re-Build - Coax

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Re-Build - Coax
From: Gary K9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 16:51:35 -0500
Pete It would be helpful to know who the vendor is that you bought the bad
cable from; so we don't make the same mistake. A link would do the
trick.73,Gary K9GS
-------- Original message --------From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net> Date: 3/13/19
8:51 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>, charlie carroll
<k1xx@k1xx.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station
Re-Build - Coax I just bought 10 feet of RG-400U (supposedly Harbour
Industries) through E-bay for $13.  Belatedly, I learned it was coming from
China.  It's now here, but I don't think it is for real - it only has one
shield, and is somewhat stiff.  At least the inner conductor isn't
magnetic.There's no printing on the cable.Buyer beware.73, Pete N4ZRCheck out
the Reverse Beacon Networkat <http://reversebeacon.net>, nowspotting RTTY
activity worldwide.For spots, please use your favorite"retail" DX cluster.On
3/12/2019 11:35 PM, Wayne Kline wrote:> I third  the sugjestion of the RG400
small enough for  all the switching   in a more then one radio setup.>> The
tight bend radius the  small diameter make for a clean instlation that coupled
with the double shielding   it’s a WIN WIN>> Watch  Ebay or other surplus
suppliers>>>> Wayne W3EA>>>> Sent from
Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10>>>>
________________________________> From: CQ-Contest
<cq-contest-bounces@contesting.com> on behalf of charlie carroll
<k1xx@k1xx.com>> Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 10:23:06 PM> To:
cq-contest@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Re-Build - Coax>>
Keith:> A couple very similar candidate cables are RG-400 and RG-303. RG-400
is> double shielded while 303 is single.  They're good as interconnects>
because they have a small bend radius (about 1"). RG-400 uses> multi-strands of
copper for the center conductor; RG-300 uses copper> clad steel.  Either will
handle 1500 watts at HF.>> 73 charlie, k1xx>> On 3/12/2019 7:51 PM, Keith
Dutson wrote:>> My multi-two station, with third spotting station, is being
rebuilt into new>> digs.  I have a lot of 3-4 foot RG213 cables running between
the amp, power>> meter, tuner and switch.  I have heard there may be a smaller
cable that has>> very little loss, but handles 1500 watts.  I would appreciate
any comments>> on what is being used today.  Thanks.>>>> 73, Keith NM5G>>